Monday, November 30, 2009

Laws of the Boys

I found this some time ago and was going to try to turn it into a newspaper column but alas I was laid off. These laws were created by my son and possibly a friend as rules for their clubhouse. At the time, he was 9 years old and quite embarrassed that I found it.

1. Trust nobody
2. Accept other ideas (if they are good).
3. Always have gum on you. Only for emergencies (like bullies).
4. Never yell (it looks dumb).
5. Avoid girls. They're impossible to understand.
6. If you want to end a conversation just say random numbers or sounds.

Well, what can I say? I don't agree with number one. I like to believe in the good in people but circumstances can make people change. Circumstances like money and inheritances for instance.

I do agree with number two. Who wants bad ideas?

Gum is nice to have. Though I don't often chew it you never know when it might come in handy to break the ice or repair something akin to MacGyver - remember that old TV show?

Yelling and losing one's temper doesn't accomplish much . . .

As for number five, the same might be said for men or boys.

Number six sounds like the insanity defense to me and could indeed be very effective.



No comments:

Post a Comment