Monday, November 2, 2009

I remember now

From last time the thing that set me off laughing was Doug attempting to vacuum a towel covered with Toto hair. Of course, I must have been anticipating the towel getting tangled up in the rotary mechanism - but miraculously it did not.

Speaking of hair, we've had a few hair raising experiences with hair in food in our family lore. Long blond hairs on take out pizza. Black curly hairs in a sub at a chain that I will never enter again. Of course, just the thought of these incidents is enough to nauseate me. Who needs diets? Thought control can be very powerful. While recounting one of these incidents, Michael reminded me that "Hair is in everything we eat." Nice. It doesn't bother him in the least because an adolescent boy (almost) is driven to EAT - hair or not.

Unrelated thoughts

I realize I am going to need some new pet names now that there is a boy dog in the house. No more 'Girls' or 'Little Missies' - but what's a collective nickname that's not gender based? 'How are my furry friends?' 'Hello hairballs.' You get the idea. Suggestions?

Toto proceeded to growl at trick or treaters, when he escaped from the basement where he was keeping Michael company - who has the swine flu. Anyway, I explained to one group that he was afraid of the costumes. One woman said, 'Afraid of a fairy?' Yes, sorry, even a fairy. This is one sheltered pup and we are slowly exposing him to the world.

In fact, the old man in the graveyard with the bad toupee tried to give him a biscuit and got so frustrated when Toto wouldn't come close to him and his booming voice (Is it any wonder?) After a couple tosses of biscuits, finally Toto did take a biscuit with a big snap to the man's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment