Friday, November 20, 2009

Mohawks and other thoughts

Mohawk, ain't it grand!

Well what can I say. Doesn't this image make a mother or father proud. Daniel has had a severe outbreak of lice in his kindergarten class and thankfully (I am told, though I have no experience with lice) he has not contracted them. But he did get a Mohawk when I suggested Doug buzz his hair off. "He's always wanted one," was the answer I received. I thought Daniel would be severely made fun off but he seems to like the attention.

I did insist we cut it off before Thanksgiving (the photos and all).

It's kind of reminding me of my good friend's husband who just got a sizeable, colorful tattoo. I actually don't think he got it because he loves tattoos, there's some other deeper, lurking reason akin to Daniel's loving the Mohawk - the attention, rebelliousness, or some other deeper pschyology. Doug said these reasons are why everybody gets tattoos. This tatoo has caused some tension in that household and I think that's part of the appeal.

Unrelated thoughts

  • Hey, Toto the dog has taken to sleeping on the couch in the kitchen. He is so brazen and so cute that no one has bothered to kick him off or reprimand him. It pays to be cute.
  • Oh, the Patriots lost in a big way to the Colts but what I take from the whole episode is the fact that it is so easy to second guess a coach or team when we know the outcome i.e they lost.
  • I've decided what my purpose is in life: to give people a nudge and make people think. What do you think of that?

I'm also coming out of my shell and decided to volunteer for the children's sermon at church. It would be so tempting to grab that wireless mike and launch into the intro of Blue Moon. "Kids this microphone is SO cool." But alas I was going to talk about gifts and the greatest gift I have ever received and then of course parlay this with the gifts we all have and the gift of Jesus etc. which I don't buy that much but this is church afterall.

I'll write about the greatest gift(s) I have ever received for next time. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment