Saturday, December 4, 2010

The most romantic dream

I am not sure if I was the man or woman in this dream because the couple really seemed as one.

They were cozy and cuddling. The man had his arm around the woman's shoulder as they sat in a restaurant booth. She touched the side of his head and brushed his hair with her hand. He brings her finger to his lips. She brushes his lips lightly with her long thin finger. He can't resist and leans in for a kiss.

"No, not here," she says.

"I can't help it," and he continues the kiss.

Her lips respond and she kisses him back.

"You kissed me back," he says.

"I couldn't help it," she smiles.

He leans back and closes his eyes in bliss. When the woman asks if he is falling asleep he remarks, "I've died and gone to heaven."

Unrelated thoughts

  • I know this sounds crazy but only recently did I realize that Olive Oil from the Popeye cartoons was named after, well, olive oil - the food product.
  • Daniel asked, "What does anxiety mean?" I said, "Do you have anxiety?" and continued, "It's fear or when you get upset about something. Where'd ya hear that?" "I don't know it just popped into my head," he said.
  • Wouldn't it be great if things actually fixed themselves. I am talking about things like computer printers, vacuums, cars. Admit it, don't you sometimes think that little noise will go away, just disappear and all will be well again.
  • When Doug's uncle asked me at Thanksgiving if I was thinking about another one (child), I almost laughed in his face. "George, I will be 45 on Sunday. I think it's too late . . . . ."
  • "Thanks for God and Jesus - because if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be here." Daniel is happy to be alive and this is his Sunday School training coming thru loud and clear.
  • Getting new sneakers was and is still one of the best feelings in the world.
  • I think I may have said this last time but 46 degrees and sunny is pretty damn nice. And I wouldn't have thought that a few months ago, either.
  • Part of me hates disgustingly disciplined people who can take one square of a big, beautiful dark chocolate bar and stop at that.
  • Cooking can be a real pleasure with time and the right frame of mind i.e. relaxed.
  • There's a 14 hour/week writing job at URI. Should I appy? Is it beneath me? Or am I simply scared I might get it - not like it and/or fail? Did I mention I am not sure if I will have a job in a couple weeks and my current job has been cut back to 30 hours/week?

No comments:

Post a Comment