Sunday, December 12, 2010

Learning to read

So Daniel and I are waiting behind a car at the light with lots of bumper stickers to read to pass the time. It's the light in Wakefield where an elderly woman was killed, so the wait time is terminally long. For those of you who don't have a first grader at home - he is really just learning to read. As I declined to read him all of the bumper stickers (one in particular), he figured it out all by himself. This sticker guy was obviously a Red Sox fan.

"Take your 26 rings and shove them up your ass" the sticker read.

After Daniel successfully read this out loud he remarked, "That's not a nice bumper sticker."

There was also a cartoon of what looked like Calvin peeing on a Yankees symbol . . .

Unrelated thoughts

-Health has gotten complicated and it shouldn't be. I can't keep track of all the good and bad things I am supposed to ingest and avoid. Which ones have the most pesticides? Which ones have the least? Which have the most antioxidants? I don't bother to even worry about it and just try to eat healthy. Isn't that the best and simplest thing, really?

-From last time: The one thing that can fix itself (not the dryer, computer, kitchen sink) is the human body. It's amazing.

-How many Celtic singers in prom dresses can one PBS viewer take?

-Even 35 degrees and sunny is pretty nice at this point.

-I am becoming my mother. My eyes have gotten smaller in my head. I now have a larger purse. I have a short haircut. I have morphed into what she used to look like, at my age. And if I wear my glasses, watch out, I am a dead ringer.

-There's alot of testosterone in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment