Saturday, November 20, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worse of times

The day Daniel wore this wig to school for Crazy Hair Day
he declared: "This is the best day of my life." Later that
afternoon the day became "the worst day of my life" due to
par for the course squabbling with his brother.
Other Danielisms:
  • When I said "It's 47 degrees, a little cool." Daniel said, "I don't care. I'm a man." A man indeed.
  • Vocabulary questions from Daniel who is 7! "What is pedestrian?," "What does altruistic mean?," and "What does empathetic mean?" These were asked in rapid fire fashion while walking into his swim lesson. I tell Doug they are all smarter than we were but came to find out Doug used to get straight As before he became interested in other things. . .
  • "Matt, you entertain yourself for a minute," Daniel said in the nicest way possible while involved in an activity with his brother Matthew.
  • "My feet feel so good after a good night's sleep."
  • "I tell people I'm Wilfork," said Daniel while puffing out his stomach. Vince Wilfork is the sumo wrestler substitute who plays on the line for the Patriots.
  • "How come I'm the only one who doesn't have a cell phone?" Daniel asked. "Because you're 7," I answer.
  • "Where did he hear that?" wondered Doug and Michael in response to several of the quotations above.
Unrelated thoughts
-I don't know why but lately I've been noticing bad dye jobs. You know the type where the roots are growing out and the darker hair looks like someone poured furniture polish on that head.
-"Michael's room smells like a teenage boy." This was uttered by the woman who cleans our house. She must be smelling some mixture of hormones and B.O.
-In discussing liquid diets at my tennis group one woman declared, "I like food." I agreed and remarked, "Yes, I've been eating food my whole life."
Next time: I will recount a romantic dream I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment