Sunday, July 19, 2009

Perfect

This is the garden taken from the upstairs window - thru the screen.
From afar, it doesn't look TOO weedy. But trust me, it is.

Someday I'm going to have the perfect garden is kinda like saying someday I'm going to have the perfect life. I'm talking about a garden where weeds don't grow and the only things between the rows is luscious, brown, tilled-up soil. I wanted such a garden this year but I started working and the garden is too God Damn big. Excuse me. But to reduce the lawn area that requires mowing, my husband doubled the size of the thing last year. Does he weed or otherwise deal with the garden - NO. But in his infinite wisdom he determined that we needed a bigger garden. So someday . . . I will have the perfect garden.


One very simple way to achieve this would be to have a container garden like my friend Nan. You see it has to be manageable. Otherwise, what is the point.


Other thoughts on working vs. not working


Not working is better. Did I say this already in an earlier post? As much as I like aspects of working and making money and interacting with people, the idea of lounging at the beach, writing, writing poetry, and writing songs is all very appealing. Perhaps after my work stint, my new goal will be to attract abundance doing something I truely love - like writing or writing songs.


A life of leisure. Now there's a goal. Forgetabout the perfect garden. What was I thinking?


1 comment:

  1. Our garden is also full of weeds. It's Peter's garden, and the weeds, honestly, drive me out of my mind. But I keep telling him I will weed, and then I don't, so I guess that's my own problem!

    Nice posting. Your insights truly make me think. xo, Carrie

    ReplyDelete