Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beach it, if you can

The beach is like a mini vacation even for a day. I just spent a glorious day at the beach swimming and sunning - rejuvenating me for my work week.

And it's nice to have a weekend to myself, with the family away. But even with a glorious beach break I still feel a little confined by working full time (40 hours is 40 hours). I love the money and not having to worry if I can pay for this week's groceries, but still confined. There's laundry, shopping and weeding to be done and less time to spread it all out in.

Uninterupted time is nice though - it helps me calm down some what. But this job, I don't know if there's enough to do to keep me interested. Or do I do as my co-worker suggested and just enjoy it. Hmmm.

It all just makes me feel that life is meant for living and not working all the time. Do I sound like some kind of dilettante?

Michael has asked me to take him swimming a couple times and I simply can't.

Work, the drudgery, has made me think I need to take this next year of guaranteed pay and finish a second album, write my award winning screen play, or simply promote the hit songs I have already recorded. And not feel guilty if I don't have enough to do at work. Because I'll do as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment