Saturday, May 14, 2011

Old, fat, slow

The other day when I was feeling old, fat and tired. Or was it old, fat, and slow? I thought to myself, and I quote: "Is that redundant?" But it's just how I felt as we were getting our hynies whipped in a tennis match. I didn't seem to have any umph.

But, still I refuse to believe we have to succumb to lethargy with age. My new boss is 78 afterall. When I think about most men, or women for that matter at 78 - they are certainly napping every day. So I gotta keep up with the boss. No napping on the job.

Meanwhile, my son Michael said something the other day "Well I will be someday" - in regard to fatness. "We live in America. Everybody gets fat." He sees it as an inevitability with age.

But I refuse to believe it even though I am aging and gaining lbs. I will stem the tide. I will fight the fight. I will not give in. I will halt the slide.

Unrelated thoughts

-My eye is twitching and I have a deep constriction in the middle of my forehead where my third eye should be. This is all related to the new f/t job. I hope it will subside soon.

-There is nothing like the feeling of new socks.

-My boss can't always/often read his own handwriting. That happens to me sometimes at 45.

-Oh, how I feel for cubicle workers everywhere.

-Daniel's initials etched onto the hood of my car are kind of growing on me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment