Saturday, January 29, 2011

Don't be a burden

These pants along with a full basket of laundry
were lost to a tube of oil paint in the drier. How
the heck do you spell dryer anyway?


Now I know this column is called Musings which conjurs up thoughts or amusement and believe me I usually try to keep it light. But, there is nothing amusing about my elderly parents at the moment. Dad is ready for the home and they really can't afford it. Mom is clueless and is thinking she's going to live in a fancy, fancy world without him. Meanwhile the piles of junk mail and piles of clothes in her bedroom may swallow her up altogether. READERS: Please do not move away from your family when you are 75!

I have been praying for a solution and guidance and have only come up with one clear answer. Do nothing. Because they are virtually trapped in their existance and cannot sell the two properties they bought in NC. Perhaps my mother can get him in a nursing home down there and continue to live in the house for a couple of years . . . . Perhaps the solutions will simply unfold. Doubtful, but you never know.

Unrelated thoughts

  • While watching a Raiders of the Lost Ark movie last week, Daniel said "This is my favorite singer." It was Elvis singing "You Ain't Nothin' But a Hounddog." That boy's got good taste, I must say.
  • In the one in a million department, Doug accidently knocked a tube of unopened turquoise oil paint into my laundry basket of wet clothes. In the course of the drying cycle, all clothes were covered with blotches of turquoise paint. Note: some of the darker clothes are salvagable but I did lose my favorite pants etc.

  • Who bathes and washes themselves clean and then puts on the same dirty clothes again? I can think of two boys I know - who are trying to break the habit with my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment