Monday, February 22, 2010

Unrelated thoughts

  • If women with big boobs work at Hooters, where do people with one leg work? IHOP (overheard on a sitcom)
  • Ever notice how many old men drive around delivering car parts?
  • Speaking of old men, they will be out in their little, old, tucked-away for the winter convertibles soon.
  • A colleague uttered some expressions I had never heard of before: 'Off like a prom dress' and 'Smooth as toast'. O.K. I get the toast one, it's sarcastic as toast is not smooth but naive me is wondering about the dress. Does this expression mean things go v. quickly or v. slowly?
  • When Daniel found a stray toy sheep under the couch, he said, "Hey look it's the sheep from my Jesus kit" - meaning the creche etc. His expression reminded me somehow of the G.I. Joe kits boys used to have when I was little.
  • Tiger's apology was SO pathetic, robotic . . .fall from grace ain't pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment