Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Signs

Oh I believe in signs and coincidences and synchronicity and all that stuff. In fact I told my mother when she dies I want a sign that life goes on. I am going to find a fabulous piece of amazonite on the beach. We've got it all planned.

In times of immense struggle I have found signs as well. An evil co-worker was out to sabotage my reputation and projects and created a project with the acronym DAN. I ultimately left the job because I felt life was too short and I wanted to do other things - like write. But a few years later we had a son and coincidentally? named him Daniel. Now I had forgotten all about the DAN project but I certainly wouldn't have had another child if I had continued working there. Coincidence?

Likewise, at that same job during a luncheon walk to get out of the stressful, troubled atmosphere I composed a song - that I believe(d) would prove to be a hit song. I have since recorded it and have sent it to a few places - so time will tell.

But there have been other signs - signs of god's love when I have been absolutely down and out. Long ago, I had a dream about standing behind a male assisting him as he urinated. Now my boyfriend at the time was very judgmental and I believe said something about penis envy. This boyfriend was something I prayed and prayed about - for it all to work out. Years and years later that vision came back to me as I helped one of my son's take aim at the toilet. In other words, the sign said to me I was meant to have these sons with this husband.

Speaking of peeing, next time I will have to regal you with a funny? story I was reminded of at a recent dinner party - and yes it involves someone peeing - on our rug.

Unrelated thoughts

-A boy on Matt's bus was making fun of him and calling him a homosexual. "That's terrible," I said with sympathy. I added, "Not that being a homosexual is terrible." In case you are worried, we have the whole situation worked out.

-I thought I had calmed myself down a notch with the full time job and the kids and all but my eye has been twitching the last couple of weeks - saying otherwise.

-Someone 'stole' my towel at the URI pool the other day. I finished my laps and it was gone. Doug and I both agreed we are not sure we would want to use someone else's towel - except each other's of course. The lifeguards offered to check in the men's locker room and told me I could come out and check with them after I got dressed -oblivious to the fact that I needed a god damned towel.

-How does Santa differ from Tiger? Santa stops after three Hos.
There was a v. funny sport's column listing all the slogans of the products Tiger endorses, with new takes on them. Gillette -'The best a man can be' - god I hope not. You get the idea. It was very creative. Personally, I find the whole affair(s) sickening - but Doug is enjoying the fact that people create false images of people (can you say pedestal?) when they really might be asses.
Why get married? And what can Tiger's mother be thinking? Doug insists she's known all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment