Saturday, October 2, 2010

Is it a bomb?

The new stainless steel thermos and the offending hippie pouch.
The pouch is used for milk or lunch money.

When I brought these new thermoses home - under the guise of saving money - we are spending $7.50 per week on milk money - Michael said, "Mom, what are you trying to do to me?"

When I explained about saving money etc. I could see he wasn't buying it and tried, "Just tell them it's coffee. They think you're cool." Or "Tell them it's your crazy old mom."

I also tried the environmental angle - using a re-usable container etc.

"What I need is a water bottle," he explained. "Cause I just drink one little carton of milk each day."

"Well you have one." And I showed Michael how the thermos worked. "You can fill it up and bring it to class."

"I can't bring that around. They'll think it's a bomb," he said.
Between this new cannister and the 'hippie pouch' - pictured above, Michael thinks my mission in life is to embarrass him.

But you know what, when they came home from school (Matthew has one too), there wasn't much discussion. In fact, Matt said some of the kids thought it was cool. We may be starting a trend here. They are available at Benny's and Stop and Shop in case you want in.

Between you and me, these thermoses are not as great as I originally thought. For one they leak a little. And for two, they are too big for their lunch bags. But I don't think I can admit that - they were $10 each and I am determined to get my money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment