Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Headliners

These are the caricatures Michael drew in church that had us is stitches
- the order from left to right being Michael, Matthew, Daniel.

The delicate hands of a 5-year-old collecting bugs for kindergarten share.

  • Who the heck are these new contestants on Dancing with the Stars? Well sure I've heard of Michael Irvin and Donny Osmond but none of the rest except I did know Tom DeLay's name. He was House Majority leader . . . when I am not sure. But I wouldn't recognize him in a crowd if my life depended on it. They solve this problem on the show, by having an introductory biography segment to explain why these people are in fact stars. It just goes to show you we all could be on the show as stars and have as much name/face recognition. They could simply make up stories about us about why we are famous and no one would know the difference.


  • How come I was the only one that thought it was funny when my boss was talking about 'laying down some pipe' in a staff meeting. This is an expression Doug uses and my boss said this after he had just asked the 401K bank representative to discuss 'load' funds, as he snickered.

  • This gem of a headline was in the Pro Jo today - Man in fatal cycle accident free on bail. Now I don't usually like to make fun of death but this was funny.


  • This gem of a sign was posted at URI this morning - If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms please refrain from working out. Do we really need to be reminded to refrain from working out when we have the flu? God I hope not. I can barely get myself to the pool at 7 a.m. when I am perfectly healthy, nevermind when I have the flu.



No comments:

Post a Comment